Sharon Cason-Adams is the firm’s lead litigator. She has enjoyed success representing clients in courts and administrative agencies throughout Ohio, including state and federal venues. She has practiced law since 1997 with a primary focus on employment matters. Prior to obtaining her law license, Sharon worked as a Human Resources Manager and Safety Coordinator in the manufacturing industry. She also served in the Ohio Air National Guard for eight years.
I can honestly say that I love the practice of law and I have a strong belief in our judicial system. I am motivated by the desire to help people navigate that system and make the law work for them. I am an aggressive and creative advocate for individuals and small business owners. I like representing real people because I learn something from every client. My life experiences lend to my law practice. For example, before I became an attorney, I served in the Air National Guard, where I learned discipline. As a bartender, I learned to listen – everyone has a story to tell. Working on an assembly line taught me the value of hard work. As a Human Resources Manager, I learned that everyone brings something to the table. And as a mom, I learned the value of patience and how to prioritize.
- Employment and Labor Matters, including but not limited to: cases arising out of violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), gender discrimination and sexual harassment claims, age discrimination, religious discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, unfair labor practices, workers compensation retaliation and more.
- Consumer Protection Litigation, including but not limited to: claims under the Consumer Sales Practices Act (CSPA) and premises liability claims.
Admitted to Practice In:
- United States District Court (Northern and Southern Districts);
- United States District Court (Bankruptcy Court);
- Unite States Court of Appeals (Sixth Circuit);
- United States Supreme Court.
Law School: Capital University
- Ohio State Bar Association;
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association;
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ).