Columbus Immigration Attorney Helps You Get a Green Card

Guiding clients to permanent resident status

A green card, or Permanent Resident Card, shows that you have lawful permanent resident status in the U.S. With a green card, you are allowed to live and work in the U.S. on a permanent basis if you do not leave the United States for an extended period or engage in conduct that could cause the government to place you in removal proceedings. Five years after obtaining your green card, you can apply for U.S. citizenship. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you can apply for citizenship after only three years. Roxi A. Liming, the immigration law attorney at the Law Offices of Roxi A. Liming, guides you through the process of getting a green card. I properly fill out your paperwork, help minimize the delays and keep you informed of every development.

How Do I Get A Green Card?

There are almost 20 different ways people get green cards. Some of the most commonly used ways are:

  • Family sponsor – Having a close family member, such as your spouse, parent, or sibling sponsor you is one way to get a green card. The family member applies for the green card on your behalf. If you meet the requirements for becoming a permanent resident, you may be granted a green card. When a U.S. citizen applies for a green card for a new spouse, the spouse may be granted a conditional green card.
  • Employer sponsor -- A U.S. employer can sponsor you through a labor certification process known as PERM. Employers also can sponsor professionals with advanced degrees, multi-national managers, skilled workers and others with special skills.
  • Investment -- You may qualify for an EB-5 visa or investor green card if you make a substantial investment in a U.S. commercial enterprise.
  • Artists, entertainers and scientists -- You may petition for a green card without a sponsor if you have an extraordinary ability.
  • Asylum or refugee statuses – Individuals admitted to the United States as refugees or as qualifying family members of refugees are eligible for a green card one year after entry into the U.S. refugee status.

Why do I need an attorney?

The process of obtaining a green card can be long and complicated. Immigration processes and procedures change on an almost daily basis. Without a lawyer representing you, you may face unnecessary delays. I understand the immigration process, and help you achieve your immigration goals. At the Law Offices of Roxi A. Liming, I keep you informed, and quickly respond to your questions.

Ohio immigration attorney guides you through the green card process

At the Law Offices of Roxi A. Liming, I realize your issues are unique, and I provide individualized service. I am available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and by appointment at other times. I serve clients in Columbus and throughout Ohio. Contact the Law Offices of Roxi A. Liming at 614-324-9118 or online.

Contact Us

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.


My Office